Is it possible to eat healthy and be on vacation at the same time?
I think so. At least I am gonna give it I try like I usually do. Here are a few things I will try to follow while on vacation. I really don’t want to come back with any extra junk in my trunk, if you know what I mean. Vacation doesn’t mean zero calories so some precautions help.
- Taste the food; don’t overfill your plate or your stomach. Be sensible about portion sizes. Enjoy a little of everything. It is your vacation after all.
- Enjoy the treats you really want. Don’t deprive yourself. If you really want to have (insert food item), go for it. If you deprive yourself you will beat yourself up for it later and mostly likely overeat on something else.
- Listen to your body. Stop when you feel full. Be able to walk away from the table, no waddle away.
- Eat slowly. It’s your vacation. Slow down and enjoy the company, scenery….
- Do stuff! To balance out the extra richness of food, be active. And for every time you to do something relaxing, try to do something active.
These are just a few tips do keep in mind. Vacations are about having fun, relaxing and doing something out of the ordinary. Simple changes and being mindful of (and practicing) healthy behaviors can make a big impact on how you feel mentally and physically when you return.