Is anyone as excited as I am about the XXX Olympics??!! I am facinated with the Olympics and love hearing about all the inspirational stories. I don’t know about you but the level of athlete and training make me want to step it up a notch or two. I am definitely not working as hard as I could. But everyday is a new day to try again.
Sparkpeople.com put this together and I thought it was great for those of us watching the olympics.
Here is my dinner plan for this week:
- Sunday: Leftovers – nothing exciting.
- Monday: Todd and I are going to the Aerosmith concert, heading downtown for dinner!!!! I am so ready to rock and roll!!!
- Tuesday: Sun-dried Tomato Grilled Chicken with Arugula and Cannellini Bean Salad.
- Wednesday: Smoked Paprika Pork and Saffron Rice, Kale Chips
- Thursday: Pig Night (anything goes)
- Friday: Beef and Polenta Bake
- Saturday: To Be Determined 🙂
- Monday: Off Day – walking around downtown Houston and rocking out to Aerosmith
- Tuesday: Spinning
- Wednesday: Spinning
- Thursday:Strength Training
- Friday:Strength Training
- Saturday: Step Class and Strength Training
- Active Rest
Get your plan together and go for Gold!! hehehe
I love going to a baseball game. The excitement, energy and noise are so exhilarating. Well, I guess if you have a winning team. The poor Astro’s have lost 9 straight. Thank goodness I am a Cubs fan!. Our tickets were mostly free this time because Brent and Addi both had perfect attendance at school! I am so proud of them, we all worked hard to stay healthy and get to class on time. So we celebrated by going to the game and enjoying some treats. But, eating healthy is probably not the first thing you think about when you say “take me out to the ballgame.”
Have you ever been successful trying to eat “healthy” at a baseball game? It’s a struggle for me every time, but then again, I only go to 1 or 2 games a year. I try not beat myself up for having treats at the ballpark because its not an everyday thing. Now, if I had season tickets or something, I would definitely be more diligent about what I chose to eat. I do go to little league games a lot during the spring so I plan those days because we are at the ballpark about 2 or 3 times a week. Nachos would not make for a healthy diet.
Here are some ideas to keep in mind if you are going out to a game and still want to eat on the healthier side.
- Do some research before you go to find out if there are any healthy eating joints close to where you are sitting. Most stadiums have restaurants with healthier selections. Scope it out.
- Also, read the ballpark policy on bringing in food and drinks from home. Our park does allow outside food and drink, but with restrictions. I brought in a bag of goldfish and pistachios for our snack during the game.
- Some healthier selections to get at the game are crackerjacks, sunflower seeds, soft pretzels (knock off the salt), snow cones and, my favorite…hot dogs. Stick to the small (regular) size hot dogs, not the extra long. Mustard, onions and relish are my fav toppings. Lose the chili and cheese.
- If you go for the peanuts or popcorn, remember to share with everyone because its easy to eat way over a normal portion size. Keep it to a handful. So….be nice and share.
- Try to avoid high calorie, high fat selections like nacho’s, chicken tender or anything deep fried for that matter and ice cream. These are the traditional choices to say goodbye to.
- Beer is an okay choice. Keep it to one if your a woman, and two for a man. Try to select the “light” beers and keep it regular sized, no souvenir cups. 🙂
- Choose diet soda for those souvenir cups. Remember water is always best.
Today has been a wonderful day. It was my off day since I will be working this Saturday. 🙂 AND I woke up late. 🙂 AND I got to do a tae-bo class at the Y that never get to do because I am usually at work. 🙂 AND I had an impromptu lunch with Todd, Brent and Addi. Our friends Josh, Jackson, Scotlyn and Andrew joined us. 🙂 AND my friends at work gave me a cake and good wishes for my new job. 🙂 AND I am going to a midnight showing of Magic Mike tonight with some girl friends! 🙂 🙂 Man, life is good! The only sad part is Brent and Addison leave for the farm in Mineola, Texas tomorrow. They will be gone a week. 😦 I always miss them tons and tons but I know they always have a great time with Nannie and Poppy and the rest of the family there.
Here are my eats for the day…
Breakfast was supper yummy. Lots of nutrient dense foods. I had 2 kashi blueberry waffles topped with a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter. 6 oz of very vanilla yogurt with blueberries. I made myself a cup of island coconut coffee. Triple yum breakfast. Even my plate looks happy!
We ate lunch at Jimmy Johns. Addison’s favorite. And yes, they’re so fast you’ll freak. I ate a sandwich called the Beach Club Unwich. It was made with a lettuce wrap instead of the french bread. I split reduced fat potato chips with Todd.
I made it over to work in the afternoon to have cake with my co-workers and friends. They gave me a beautiful Italian Cream cake! Here is my cake and the slice I ate. The cake was very good. I enjoyed every bite.
Dinner tonight was on track with the recipe coming from “The New Abs Diet” book. I made Chicken a la King Kong. No mess ups this time making the recipe. The kids really liked it. My plate was the chicken over whole wheat spaghetti noodles and a mixed green salad.
Have a great evening! I know I will!