Is anyone as excited as I am about the XXX Olympics??!! I am facinated with the Olympics and love hearing about all the inspirational stories. I don’t know about you but the level of athlete and training make me want to step it up a notch or two. I am definitely not working as hard as I could. But everyday is a new day to try again.
Sparkpeople.com put this together and I thought it was great for those of us watching the olympics.
Here is my dinner plan for this week:
- Sunday: Leftovers – nothing exciting.
- Monday: Todd and I are going to the Aerosmith concert, heading downtown for dinner!!!! I am so ready to rock and roll!!!
- Tuesday: Sun-dried Tomato Grilled Chicken with Arugula and Cannellini Bean Salad.
- Wednesday: Smoked Paprika Pork and Saffron Rice, Kale Chips
- Thursday: Pig Night (anything goes)
- Friday: Beef and Polenta Bake
- Saturday: To Be Determined 🙂
- Monday: Off Day – walking around downtown Houston and rocking out to Aerosmith
- Tuesday: Spinning
- Wednesday: Spinning
- Thursday:Strength Training
- Friday:Strength Training
- Saturday: Step Class and Strength Training
- Active Rest
Get your plan together and go for Gold!! hehehe
I’m kinda getting adjusted to the routine at my new job. There have been some big changes. The biggest being that my daily step count has dropped dramatically. At my previous position I was getting in about 5000 steps during my work day. Now, I work longer and my steps took a nose dive to about 2000. I need to get my calorie burn up during the day. So my idea is to do some type of activity during my lunch break. This week I am going to incorporate a yoga routine to add some extra activity. I use bodyrock.tv for ideas and they have a new flow routine I am going to do.
For weight management it is very important to do any extra activity throughout the day you can to increase your calorie usage or calorie burn so that you can balance out the calories you eat. The simplest equation for weight loss is more calories burned and less calories consumed. Pay close attention to what you eat because it is easy to “overeat” your activity.
Here is a look at my Dinners planned for the week. Recipes to come.
- Sunday: MyFit Food Dinner
- Monday: Grilled Rosemary Chicken with tomato and avocado salad
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- Wednesday: Fresh Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with whole grain rice
- Thursday: Astro’s Game – no dinner planned
- Friday: Grilled Fish and veggies
My Exercise plan for the week…
- Sunday: 45 minute run
- Monday: Strength/Circuit Training
- Tuesday: Tae-bo
- Wednesday: Cardio
- Thursday: Rest
- Friday: Strength/Circuit Training
- Saturday: Step class and circuit training
- Sunday: Run
Hopefully my schedule keeps(usually doesn’t). But, I always try to have a plan and stick close to it. If you don’t have a plan for eating or exercising it is easy to get off track and repeat old unhealthy habits. If that does happen, just refocus and get back on track.
Have a great week!
I’m back from the most wonderful and fun filled vacation! I’ll get to the vacation post in a bit. But for now, here are the dinners and activity planned for the week. Mon-Thur. are new recipe’s I’m trying out of “The New Ab’s Diet” book I checked out of the library. I like getting books from the Library for lots of reason’s. I haven’t read this book cover to cover. I guess I am using this book more for it’s recipes. (shhhh don’t tell anyone!!) The thing I do like about this book is it’s use of really nutrient dense foods. Here is a good review of the book. I will let you know how the dinners turn out….
Dinners for the Week –
- Sunday: Mexican Food at Don Julio’s (I was having withdrawals-gotta have my Mexican food)
- Monday: Bodacious Brazilian Chicken and adding Quinoa, Mixed Green Salad
- Tuesday: Mas Macho Meatball Hoagies
- Wednesday: Chili Con Turkey with Rice
- Thursday: Chicken a la King Kong
- Friday: Pork Chops and Veggies on the grill
Workout Plan- Gotta get back into the routine!
Monday: 5 am bootcamp
Wednesday: 5 am bootcamp
Thursday: 8am exercise class
Friday: 5am bootcamp
Sublimely Lace 🙂